Castle Rock Town Hall
2537 240th St. W.
Farmington MN 55024

Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock Township, located in Dakota County, Minnesota.


Office Hours for November 20 - November 24, 2017

Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, November 20, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, November 21, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, November 22, 9 am to noon; Thursday, November 23, CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day; Friday, November 24, CLOSED.

Office Hours for November 27 - December 1, 2017

Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, November 27, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, November 28, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, November 29, CLOSED; Thursday, November 30, 9 am to noon; Friday, December 1, CLOSED.

Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at 651-460-2221 or email

  • A Public Open House will be held on November 20, 2017 beginning at 7 pm at the Castle Rock Town Hall to provide background information and obtain public input on the new 2018 Dakota County Rural Collaborative Comprehensive Plan. Click here for more detailed information.

  • The Township Road Committee Budget Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 21 at 7 pm at the Castle Rock Town Hall.

  • The November Planning Commission Meeting will be held at 7 pm on Monday, November 27. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, are due by noon on Tuesday, November 21.

  • The December Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, December 11 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Tuesday, December 5.

  • Effective July 1, 2017, the Building Official for Castle Rock Township is Inspectron, Inc. Please refer to "Permits" tab for the new building permit application forms.

  • The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.

  • Ordinance No. 2013-01 - Zoning Ordinance (See Ordinances tab for a complete list of current Ordinances and Amendments to existing Ordinances)


  • Our COMMUNITY INFO tab has been updated - check it out!

  • Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.

  • To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.

  • The Green Guide
    Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website

  • Rural Solid Waste Commission
    See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.

  • Backyard Burning
    Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.

    Burning and burying of garbage causes pollution and poses health threats. This is why it is illegal for Dakota County residents, including farmers, to burn or bury solid wastes—such as paper, plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either contract with a waste hauler or take their garbage to a local disposal facility. Read more

  • What Things Do I Need to Get a Building Permit For?
  • Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
  • Am I Registered to Vote?
  • Letter to Landowners & Residents: Mowing of Right-of-ways (dated 1/17/08)

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Our forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can download it for free here.