Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for May 21 - May 25, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, May 21, 9 am to noon ; Tuesday, May 22, CLOSED; Wednesday, May 23, 9 am to noon; Thursday, May 24, CLOSED; Friday, May 25, 9 am to noon.
Office Hours for May 28 - June 1, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, May 28, CLOSED - Memorial Day; Tuesday, May 29, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, May 30, 9 am to noon; Thursday, May 31, 9 am to noon; Friday, June 1, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- The May Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, May 21 (3rd Monday due to Memorial Day) beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed, were due on Wednesday, May 16.
- The North Cannon River Watershed Management Organization will have a Special Meeting regarding submitting a prioritized project list for the Watershed Based Funding on May 23rd at 7:00pm at the Castle Rock Township Hall. In addition, the 2017 Annual Report for the organization has been approved. The complete report can be viewed on their website. Please go to the "Links" tab for their website link.
- The Annual Road Inspection for Castle Rock Township will be performed on Wednesday, May 30 begininig at 6 pm.
- Castle Rock Township is soliciting quotes for year-round grading, plowing and maintenance of township roads. Quotes must be received no later than noon on Wednesday, June 6. Click here for details.
- The June Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, June 11 beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Wednesday, June 6.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free