Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
PLEASE NOTE: CASTLE ROCK TOWNSHIP DOES NOT MAINTAIN A FACEBOOK PAGE.
CHAIR STATEMENT FOR TELEPHONIC MEETINGS (click here to see document)
SPRING ROAD RESTRICTIONS ARE NOW IN FORCE: 5 ton per axle weight limits
Office Hours for March 23, 2020 - April 13, 2020
Town Hall Office will be open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY through April 13, 2020, subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you need to set up an appointment, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- The April Board of Supervisors Re-Organization and Regular Meetings will be held on Monday, April 13. Re-org meeting will begin at 6:30 pm, followed by the regular meeting at 7 pm. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD BY TELECONFERENCE. Click here for dial-in instructions. Agenda items were due by noon on Wednesday, April 8. Please note that only essential business will be discussed at these meetings.
- The April Planning Commission Re-Organization and Regular Meeting willl begin at 7 pm on Monday, April 27. Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed by the Planning Commission, are due by 10 am on Thursday, April 22.
- The Castle Rock Township Continued Public Hearing scheduled for April 2, 2020 at 7 pm, has been continued until May 4, 2020 at 7 pm. The initial purpose of this hearing was to make a final determination as to whether LKQ/Viking Auto Salvage, located at 26548 Chippendale Ave, Northfield, MN, is in violation of Ordinance No. 2014-01 “An Ordinance Allowing the Expansion of the Nonconforming Use Located at 26548 Chippendale Avenue” or Resolution No. 2017-15 “A Resolution Allowing the Expansion of the Nonconforming Use Located at 26548 Chippendale Avenue.”
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
After serving for 30 years, this Commission will be dissolved effective January 1, 2020. Programs previously administered by this Commission will then be handled by Dakota County Environmental Resources.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free