Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for August 13 - August 17, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, August 13, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, August 14, 9 am to 5 pm; Wednesday, August 15, 9 am to noon; Thursday, August 16, CLOSED; Friday, August 17, CLOSED.
Office Hours for August 20 - August 24, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, August 20, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, August 21, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, August 22, CLOSED; Thursday, August 23, 9 am to noon; Friday, August 24, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- State Primary Elections will be held on Tuesday, August 14. Polls at the Castle Rock Town Hall will be open from 7 am to 8 pm. Please see "Voting" tab for more information.
Castle Rock Township will be hosting an American Red Cross Blood Drive on Thursday, August 23 from 1 to 7 pm at the Castle Rock Town Hall, 2537 240th St W, Farmington MN. Please contact the Town Hall at 651-460-2221 to set up an appointment to donate!
- A Public Hearing will be held on Monday, August 27 at 6:30 pm for comments and discussion of Ordinance 2018-01, an Ordinance Adopting an Updated Fee Schedule for the Town, followed by the August Planning Commission Meeting at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed by the Planning Commission, are due by noon on Thursday, August 23.
- The September Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, September 10 beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Wednesday, September 5.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free