Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for December 5 - December 9, 2016:
Monday, December 5, CLOSED; Tuesday, December 6, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, December 7, 8 am to 10 am; Thursday, December 8, 9 am to noon; Friday, December 9, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- Community Event: Christmas in the Village December 3, 4, 10 & 11 at Dakota City Heritage Village at the Dakota County Fairgrounds. Open 1 to 8 pm - see "Links" tab for Dakota City Heritage Village for further information.
- The December Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, December 12 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Tuesday, December 6.
- The December Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, December 19 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, are due by 10 am on Wednesday, December 14.
- Dakota County has a significant amount of grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Grant funds will expire at the end of 2016. Click here to review more information about the program.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Vermillion River Watershed program is offering the opportunity to participate in the Master Water Stewards Program. Click here for more information.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a new guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to this new guide on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free