Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for December 10 - December 14, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, December 10, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, December 11, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, December 12, 9 am to noon; Thursday, December 13, CLOSED; Friday, December 14, CLOSED.
Office Hours for December 17 - December 21, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, December 17, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, December 18, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, December 19, CLOSED; Thursday, December 20, 9 am to noon; Friday, December 21, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- Enjoy Christmas in the Village at Dakota City Heritage Village at the Dakota County Fairgrounds on December 1 & 2, and 8 & 9. See "Links" tab for more information about the event.
- The December Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, December 10 beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items were due by 10 am on Wednesday, December 5.
- On Monday, December 17th, a Public Open House will be held at the Castle Rock Town Hall from 4:30 to 6:30 pm to present information and hold discussion about the proposed County Road 78 resconstruction project. Please click here to see more information.
- The December Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, December 17 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed by the Planning Commission, are due by 10 am on Wednesday, December 12.
- Filing period for Affidavits of Candidacy for the March 12, 2019 Township Elections is from January 1 to 15 (please note that January 1 is a Federal Holiday and the town hall is not open that day). Click here for more information.
- The Township will be holding an American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Castle Rock Town Hall on July 11, 2019. Mark your calendar!!! We hope to have another successful turnout.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free