Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for January 14, 2019 - January 18, 2019
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, January 14, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, January 15, 1 pm to 5 pm; Wednesday, January 16, CLOSED; Thursday, January 17, 9 am to noon; Friday, January 18, CLOSED.
Office Hours for January 21, 2019 - January 25, 2019
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, January 21, CLOSED - MLK Birthday Federal Holiday; Tuesday, January 22, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, January 23, 9 am to noon; Thursday, January 24, 9 am to noon; Friday, January 25, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- A Public Hearing has been scheduled on January 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm to hear comments and discussion for an Interim Use Application to build and operate a solar electric system on approx 16 acres in Castle Rock Township.
- The January Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, January 28 at 7 pm, following a Public Hearing (see above). Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed by the Planning Commission, are due by 10 am on Wednesday, January 23.
- The February Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, February 11 beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Wednesday, February 6.
- The annual Budget and Audit meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 19 beginning at 6:30 pm.
- The Township will be holding an American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Castle Rock Town Hall on July 11, 2019. Mark your calendar!!! We hope to have another successful turnout.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free