Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for October 16 - October 20, 2017
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, October 16, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, October 17, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, October 18, CLOSED; Thursday, October 19, 9 am to noon; Friday, October 20, CLOSED.
Office Hours for October 23 - October 27, 2017
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, October 23, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, October 24, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, October 25, CLOSED; Thursday, October 26, 9 am to noon; Friday, October 27, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- The October Planning Commission Meeting will be held at 7 pm on Monday, October 23, Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, are due by noon on Wednesday, October 18.
- The November Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, November 13 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Tuesday, November 7.
- A Public Open House will be held on November 20, 2017 beginning at 7 pm at the Castle Rock Town Hall to provide background information and obtain public input on the new 2018 Dakota County Rural Collaborative Comprehensive Plan. Click here for more detailed information.
- Effective July 1, 2017, the Building Official for Castle Rock Township is Inspectron, Inc. Please refer to "Permits" tab for the new building permit application forms.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Our COMMUNITY INFO tab has been updated - check it out!
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free