Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for December 11 - December 15, 2017
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, December 11, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, December 12, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, December 13, CLOSED; Thursday, December 14, 9 am to noon; Friday, December 15, CLOSED.
Office Hours for December 18 - December 22, 2017
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, December 18, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, December 19, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, December 20, CLOSED; Thursday, December 21, 9 am to noon; Friday, December 22, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- Dates for the 2017 Christmas in the Village celebration are Dec 2, 3, 9 and 10 at Dakota City Heritage Village located at the Fairgrounds in Farmington. The event is open from 1 to 8 pm each of these days. Please see the "Links" tab for the website and more information.
- The December Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, December 11 at 7 pm. Agenda items were due by 10 am on Wednesday, December 6.
- The December Planning Commission Meeting will be held at 7 pm on Monday, December 18 - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ON THE THIRD MONDAY DUE TO THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, are due by 10 am on Thursday, December 14.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Our COMMUNITY INFO tab has been updated - check it out!
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free