Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for October 22 - October 26, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, October 22, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, October 23, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, October 24, CLOSED; Thursday, October 25, 9 am to noon; Friday, October 26, CLOSED.
Office Hours for October 29 - November 2, 2018
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, October 29, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, October 30, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, October 31, CLOSED; Thursday, November 1, 9 am to noon; Friday, November 2, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- A Public Hearing will be held on Monday, October 22 at 6:30 pm. The purpose of this hearing is to review Ordinance Amendments for Zoning Ordinance 2013-01 and Ordinance Amendment 2015-B, modifying language affecting solar electric systems.
- The October Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, October 22 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits or other applications that need to be reviewed by the Planning Commission, are due by 10 am on Thursday, October 18.
- State General Election Day is November 6. Polls will be open from 7 am to 8 pm. See "Voting" tab for more information and links to sample ballots.
- The November Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, November 12 beginning at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Wednesday, November 7.
- Thank you to everyone who attended the American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Castle Rock Town Hall on August 23. You made a difference!! Mark your calendar - the next Blood Drive will be held on July 11, 2019.
- The Randolph-Hampton Fire Department is seeking everyone's help for a special project. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to get support for an extractor washing machine. More information about this equipment is on the page, as well as instructions for making a donation. Click here to go to the Go Fund Me link.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free