- Planning ahead is important in order to obtain a building permit! If you are changing the "footprint" on your property, the application must go through review by the Planning Commission (which meets on the 4th Monday of each month), and they make their recommendation to the Board of Supervisors (which meets on the 2nd Monday of the month), who authorize the permit application and construction drawings to be forwarded to the township Building Official, who performs the plan review and calculates the permit fees. This process can take up to 6 weeks for all the steps to be accomplished. Again, planning ahead is important in order to obtain a building permit! It takes time to go through all the required steps.
- Minnesota State Residential Building Code updates became effective January 24, 2015. Updated information regarding some of these changes will be added to the website soon.
- Effective July 1, 2015 the State Surcharge for "Flat Fee" permits (such as Re-roofing, Re-siding, Window or Door Replacement) has been REDUCED from $5.00 per permit to $1.00 per permit.
- Castle Rock Zoning Map
- Building Permits -Effective July 1, 2017, the Building Official for Castle Rock Township changed to Inspectron, Inc. PLEASE USE THE NEW APPLICATION FORM INDICATED BELOW!
- Burning Permits
- Driveway Permits
Application for Right-Of-Way Permit - Large Utility Project
- Application for Right-Of-Way Permit - Local Utility
- Closure of Public Road Permit
- Application for Large Assembly and/or Malt Liquor Permit