Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for July 17 - July 21, 2017:
Town Hall Office will be open as follows: Monday, July 17, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, July 18, 9 am to noon, Wednesday, July 19, CLOSED; Thursday, July 20, 9 am to noon; Friday, July 21, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- The July Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, July 24 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, are due by 10 am on Tuesday, July 18.
- The August Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, August 14 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by noon on Tuesday, August 8.
- Effective July 1, 2017, the Building Official for Castle Rock Township is Inspectron, Inc. Please refer to "Permits" tab for the new building permit application form.
- The 2017 Dakota County Fair will run from August 7th to August 13th. Please see the "Links" tab for more information about activities and times!
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.
- Online Survey on Trash and Recycling Strategies in Dakota County. Dakota County Environmental Resources is conducting a survey of residents to aid in the development of the County’s Solid Waste Master Plan. The survey is open through May 31, 2017.
Take the Survey
The updated Solid Waste Master Plan will guide proper waste management for the next 20 years. Click here for more information on the Dakota County Solid Waste Master Plan update.
- Background: Dakota County is revising its Solid Waste Master Plan to properly manage trash, recyclables, food waste, and hazardous materials. Our Township is a part of this important effort that affects everyone in the County. Over 500 County residents and businesses provided input on key issues from November 2016 through February 2017. Take a look at the Round 1 results, which will shape the County’s draft waste management strategies. Round 2 informational meeting was held on May 5. Results will be available in the near future.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free