Castle Rock Town Hall
2537 240th St. W.
Farmington MN 55024

Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock Township, located in Dakota County, Minnesota.


Office Hours for April 24 - April 28, 2017:

Monday, April 24, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, April 25, CLOSED; Wednesday, April 26, 9 am to noon; Thursday, April 27, 9 am to noon; Friday, April 28, CLOSED.

NOTE: For week of May 1-5, Town Hall office will be open ONLY on TUESDAY, MAY 2 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.

Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at 651-460-2221 or email

  • A series of Public Hearings will be held on Monday, April 24, beginning at 6:30 pm. Click here for the official notice.

  • The April Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, April 24 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, were due by 10 am on Tuesday, April 18. Preceeding that meeting will be the annual Re-organizational meeting at 6:55 pm.

  • The May Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, May 8 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due NO LATER THAN 10 am on Tuesday, May 2.

  • Castle Rock Township is requesting quotes for professional services for Inspection Services to perform building inspections as provided for under current Minnesota State Building Code and the Minnesota Plumbing Code. The contract will commence July 1, 2017 and run through June 30, 2018 (the township, at its option, may extend the contract for a longer term). Please click here for details regarding the quote requirements.

  • Ordinance No. 2013-01 - Zoning Ordinance (See Ordinances tab for a complete list of current Ordinances and Amendments to existing Ordinances)


  • Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.

  • Dakota County is revising its Solid Waste Master Plan to properly manage trash, recyclables, food waste, and hazardous materials. Our Township is a part of this important effort that affects everyone in the County. Over 500 County residents and businesses provided input on key issues from November 2016 through February 2017. Take a look at the Round 1 results, which will shape the County’s draft waste management strategies. Later this spring, watch for Round 2 opportunities to provide your feedback on those draft strategies, and get more information on the Master Plan process on the County Solid Waste Master Plan website.

  • To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.

  • The Green Guide
    Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website

  • Rural Solid Waste Commission
    See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.

  • Backyard Burning
    Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.

    Burning and burying of garbage causes pollution and poses health threats. This is why it is illegal for Dakota County residents, including farmers, to burn or bury solid wastes—such as paper, plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either contract with a waste hauler or take their garbage to a local disposal facility. Read more

  • What Things Do I Need to Get a Building Permit For?
  • Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
  • Am I Registered to Vote?
  • Letter to Landowners & Residents: Mowing of Right-of-ways (dated 1/17/08)

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Our forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can download it for free here.