Castle Rock Town Hall
2537 240th St. W.
Farmington MN 55024

Building Permit Application (also use for Plumbing and Mechical permits)    

To find out if you need a building permit, call the Township Office.  For any project, please verify in advance if a permit is needed.  A building permit packet and checklist explaining what is needed to apply for a building permit is available at Castle Rock Town Hall.

Some examples of projects where permits are required:

  • New buildings
  • Additions (bedrooms, family rooms, garage, etc.)
  • Residential Work (decks, pools, fireplaces, roofing, re-siding, new windows, etc.)
  • Remodel (basement finish, kitchen remodel, etc.)
  • HVAC (heating, ductwork, air conditioning, etc.)
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical (permit from State of Minnesota)
  • Septic

A building permit gives you legal permission to start construction of a building project.  Working with a building inspector will ensure the project is built right, will be safe, and will last.  Safe construction practices help protect you, your family, your friends, and your investment.

To receive a permit, an application for a permit must be completed and submitted at the Town Hall. At the time of application, a site plans and building plans must be submitted.

If the construction project is within County shore land/floodplain jurisdiction, a permit is required from the Shoreland Administrator.

The building inspector will then approve the plan or state which changes will need to be made before approval at their regular meeting.  After the plans are reviewed by the Planning Commission and then approved by the Board. Once plan review has been done and the building inspector issues the actuall permit, and all fees are to be paid to the Township Clerk, who will then release the building permit, and the construction may begin.

Please call the building inspector (651-322-6626) 24 hours in advance to schedule the required inspections.